Monday, November 24, 2008

Be Thankful

So, on Sunday, my primary class was in charge of sharing time. We are in Junior Primary (tons of cute little kids) and we talked about things we are thankful for. All the 8-year olds in my class got up and gave a short couple-minute talk on the things they were grateful for and why (we put a big emphasis on why to eliminate the long list). I was very impressed by them. It made me think about how blessed I am. I am one of those people that looks at what is right in front of me, that little speck of something, and doesn't look around to see everything else.

So, I am writing them down cause it feels better to let it out.

1. I am grateful for my beautiful daughter. She just loves me, no matter what. She giggles at me, always wants me near her, and really NEEDS me. There aren't too many people or things in life like that.

2. I am so thankful for my husband. I can be a bum sometimes, but he is always there to love me enough to let me know so I can be better. He really believes in me. And right now, he loves me enough to stay over at our house until all hours of the night and all Friday and Saturday so that he can give my my dream of getting in by Christmas.

3. I am grateful for in-laws who let us live in their basement and eat some of their food. And give free labor for the house. And take care of Kaylee so I can help out with the house.

4. I'm grateful for all my friends and family and how you love and support us. I think about how much you all do for us. THANKS!

There was my thank-a-mony. But I just felt so blessed to be around and acquainted with so many wonderful people.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How fun for you to be in primary. I'll bet your a really good teacher. I'm the primary pianist, and have been enjoying it for the past year. It's a really fun calling. P.S. Your house looks great! I love all of the brick, I wish we had normal houses like that in NM.