We never had problems with this before, so I don't know what to tell you. Is she still rear facing? I've heard that some kids that have to stay rear facing for a long time sometimes get really tired of it.
Kristi, this is Julia (Pratt) Mason from Los Alamos. I just wanted to say we have definitely run into this! From day one, both of our kids screamed their heads off whenever we put them in car seats! They hated being confined. They both calmed down as they got older though, like closer to 18months. Now they don't mind being in the car seat, if it isn't for too long. Some of our trips from UT to NM were torture!!
Good luck! I think it is just different personalities. Some babies don't like car seats, although I tend to hear more stories about those that do. Just entertain, entertain, entertain, and don't take long car rides until she decides it isn't so bad:)
uh, yeah. lately raisins have helped. it's hit or miss. I have to totally distract her to get her in...I've done a lot of goofy things (I think part of the job description for a mom should be "entertainer")
Jac has always hated his car seat, but sometimes if he is really upset, I will sit in the back with him and sing songs. I think it's because he gets bored
Um, yah, lots of changes. We are now living in a small town NE of Dallas called Anna, TX. It has been a lot of changes and is keeping us on our toes. . .and indoors, cause it is blazin' hot down here!!
Kaylee Breann
Kaylee is growing up every day! She is so cute and helpful, trying to be a good example to her sister. However, she is also an emotional diva and keeps us on our toes. She is a thoughtful and caring little girl that often is the first to give hugs and kisses and "I love yous". She loves books and puzzles and movies. We are lucky to have her in our family!
Lauren Jane
Lauren is growing more everyday. She is determined and curious, which does get her into a lot of trouble. It is an everyday occurrence for her to push a stool across the floor (or to the next room) to get up to where she wants to go! She is also the first to give her sister a hug when she is sad. And despite her excessive use of the word, "no!", she is usually the first to help out (dishes, cleaning up, etc.)!
4 comments:
We never had problems with this before, so I don't know what to tell you. Is she still rear facing? I've heard that some kids that have to stay rear facing for a long time sometimes get really tired of it.
Kristi, this is Julia (Pratt) Mason from Los Alamos. I just wanted to say we have definitely run into this! From day one, both of our kids screamed their heads off whenever we put them in car seats! They hated being confined. They both calmed down as they got older though, like closer to 18months. Now they don't mind being in the car seat, if it isn't for too long. Some of our trips from UT to NM were torture!!
Good luck! I think it is just different personalities. Some babies don't like car seats, although I tend to hear more stories about those that do. Just entertain, entertain, entertain, and don't take long car rides until she decides it isn't so bad:)
uh, yeah. lately raisins have helped. it's hit or miss. I have to totally distract her to get her in...I've done a lot of goofy things (I think part of the job description for a mom should be "entertainer")
Jac has always hated his car seat, but sometimes if he is really upset, I will sit in the back with him and sing songs. I think it's because he gets bored
Post a Comment