Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My New Years Goal to post more

Well, we are still here! And despite the last 45 minutes of trying to get my computer to upload pictures to reinforce that we are living well here in Texas, there are no pictures to show. We are enjoying our pretty darn warm and snow-free winter. I am getting used to 70 degrees and can only hope the summer isn't as bad as last summer (think the sun hot-ness plus some humidity).

Unfortunately, when you don't update in forever, there is too much to say to actually say it all. We had Thanksgiving here, went to Utah (yes that was a 24 hour drive with 2 kids) for Christmas, and Kaylee and Lauren had a joint birthday party as they turned 4 and 2 in January.

It is weird to see how grown up my kids really are now. I still think of Kaylee as being about Lauren's age, but the time has definitely flown. I guess I am struggling with me turning 30 in a several months, Clayton being 32 in a few months, and Kaylee even going to Kindergarten after next school year. I am realizing I am not the newlywed just barely having kids anymore.

Clayton really likes his new job and I like my part time one. It has been such a big testimony builder how many little things have changed and gotten easier with finances, etc.. I realize now that we struggle and develop patience while Heavenly Father prepares new and wonderful things for us.

2 comments:

Darci said...

Welcome back! I'm glad texas is treating you well

carolee said...

Hooray!! You're blogging again!! Glad to hear that all is well. Can't wait to see some photos of those cute girlies!